On the Brink

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Busy Thursday...

Last Thursday was out of control. I had my first Coaches Corner and County Line that day. I worked on both shows last year, but this fall I have a much more interegal role in each show. Jason Mackey was the host of the show last year. He did a great job coordinating the show and making sure everyone was in the right place at the right time. Jason always planned ahead too. That's what made the show a success. I'm trying to do the same. I saw first hand last year how the host plans for the show. I'm the host now, and I have to prepare in the beginning of the week so there's no problem at the end of the week when we tape.


1st Coaches Corner...

Like I said earlier, the first Coaches Corner was last Thursday. I was pretty nervous for it all week. I only slept 3 hours the night before. I didn't think it was my best performance, I know I can do better. But afterwards everyone I talked to said I did a great job and that it was one of the better shows in recent memory. I was really impressed with the job Terese did on the PAC Report. You couldn't tell it was her first time working with the teleprompter. The production team did a wonderful job too. We have a lot of new people on the crew doing some difficult jobs, but I was very pleased at how everyone behind the scences performed. I feel like I can still improve as host, but overall the show was a succes and that's all that mattters.


1st County Line...

Like I said, Thursday was very busy for me. Not only did I host Coaches Corner that day, but I also anchored for the County Line. Pam and I wrote our scripts during the day (after CC) and then we came back later that night to record the first TCL of the new year! This was only the 3rd time I had every anchored, but I felt very comfortable. I've used a teleprompter many times before. The more and more you use one, the more comfortable you feel with it. I thought Pam and I worked well together. This was my 3rd time anchoring and I've had a different anchor each time. I anchored with Liz and Shannon each once last year.

There weren't many packages on the show b/c it was the first week, so we did more reading than usual. Megan Alexander had a real nice interview with professor Scott Mackenzie. DJ looked sharp during the sports segment. So yeah, you could say that the first show of the new season was a success. One more thing before I go though. Ms. Liz if you're reading this, what do you think about coming back in December and anchoring the last County Line of the semester(and my final one) with me. Let me know what you think!


Until next time....

1 Comments:

  • oh man I am so there for the last show. you can absolutely count on it!

    ps...mets clinched it! :)

    By Blogger Liz Farry, at 6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home